Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Confused as a turkey on a warm almost winter day.

Just to clarify-I'm not using those exact pair of safety goggles. I'm using the pair i have for when i am sawing wood to keep splinters out of my eye balls like the good carpenter Jesus said...that part about wood in the eyes?

Today i awoke to freak weather. In the midst of all my complaining we've received 50+ degree weather. I walked outside and immediately started sweating in my sweater, go figure. Well being that winter isn't for another 11 days I'm not surprised because i learned from none other than Lewis Black that fall doesn't know what to do with itself. Fall is the season of identity crisis.
Also recently it seems the days i choose not to ride are the best to ride. like today. i actually could have worn shorts. I doubt i would have though. My wife has stated that during the winter time she'd like me not to shave my legs during winter. which to me ends somewhere in Feb. So i stopped shaving about a week ago. My wife caught on to the vanity behind shaving and is also tired of my legs feeling like porcupines. I also stopped shaving my face, which wouldn't be news had people known that i actually started (back in July?). Anyway, after leaving the other day and it was below 20 i figured i could use a beard for a couple months. I look forward to shaving both my legs and face again mostly out of vanity.

I work 40 hours a week at a desk and i have the same 20 albums on our database basically since i started working here 3 1/2 years ago and I've become relatively sick of all the same music. I found an awesome button on my media player...SHUFFLE! So one second I'm listening to Blood Brothers or Fugazi and the next second I'm listening to Sigur Ros or Bob Dylan. Its odd but cool. The next best thing would be to have a nice voice in between each song saying the weather and traffic or something about world news. But that would take away from my Internet surfing.

No comments: