I bought a headlamp a while back for hiking because i learned the hard way that carrying flashlights at 4 am while its snowing up a mountain sucks. Headlamps are very convenient. I mean, the light looks everywhere you look, plus when your wife wants to sleep and you want to continue reading a book, it comes in handy to prevent questions like "how much longer are you going to read?" Anyway, so there came a choice when buying the headlamp...the petzl tikka priced around 24.99? or the petzl tikka plus prices at 34.99? i figured the tikka would be just as good and for ten dollars cheaper. wrong. Its i terrible piece of equipment. I wrote a review at rei.com to express my dissatisfaction.
Ok the point of all of this, is i decided last night to try wearing the headlamp while riding, because i currently dont own one of the fancy cycling lights. i will soon. Because like i had assumed the headlamp did very little to light the way. I don't like riding at night. Its not the fact that i cant see anything and the speed at which i'm traveling but more so that its dark. I admit i get a little frightened. I don't like to be all alone in the woods. Call me what you will but at least I'm honest.
Its because of creatures like that cute little critter that i hate riding in the dark. If you don't know what that is, well its obviously an owl, but not just any owl, its specifically called an eastern screech owl, emphasis on screech. So when you think you're alone riding down a trail and you hear something like a combination of nails on a chalkboard and a small child being beat, you can rest assured you aren't being pursued by banshees but its merely a cute sadistic little bird of the night.
I think I'm going back to my rollers really soon. I'd rather face the wrath of potential energy being released into kinetic energy while surrounded by random furniture in a small room. If you don't know what i'm talking about, look here and imagine going off the side of those at over 20mph..."oops!" followed by many expletives. I dont know who wrote that wiki article, but i've never met anyone who wears a helmet while riding those, safe is cool, but that's just dumb, kind of like how the guy looks in the picture.
- Road bike still isnt done... more coke? Apparently he needs a bigger "easy-out" to get that casing out.
- McCain latest statement-"i want to look like i care for my country...uh...i mean, I'm not ready for the debate...i mean, the crisis is much more important than this upcoming election." Palin just gets more annoying every time i hear her. Does she know anything about what's she's talking about? She's a picture of the extreme right wing that McCain is desperately trying to hide his liberalness (for a lack of a better word) behind. He should have hired someone smarter, or as everyone seems to be saying about everyone, "has more experience."
- The movie August features 3 cool things (none of which are "good plot")...the song(s) Kid A by Radiohead, and Rich by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Also the movie has David Bowie in it for about 15 seconds.
- Speed Racer wasnt that bad...as long as you dont take it serious, i mean come on people it isnt supposed to be V for Vendetta 2, it was a cheesy cartoon turned "live action" movie. It was decent.
- Blindness is getting terrible reviews. how can this be when you have, Mark Ruffalo, Danny Glover, Gael Garcia Bernal, Julianne Moore, and Sandra Oh. Directed by the famous Fernando Meirelles of City of God fame.
- My Guinness Stout sucked last night. i took a couple sips and then poured it out.