Monday, March 9, 2009

Racing

I didn't make it off the wait list yesterday, so i stayed home while my team travelled up to MD to race in the Trade Zone Series. They did pretty good apparently too. They raced the 3/4 and the 1/2/3 groups. All 3 received top 10 finished in the 3/4 race and top 20 finishes in the 1/2/3 race immediately after. They must have some sick stamina to pull that off. I think John said 65 miles of Crit racing yesterday. That's a stark comparison to my 4 cupcakes and 2 cheeseburgers. haha and still somehow i didn't really eat that much yesterday, but i also didn't ride.

This morning it was a brisk 62 degrees. awesome. Also, chick-fil-a just opened up a few miles from here and so i did a detour and picked up a *free* breakfast...its happening there all week.

I'm waiting to register for the Trade Zone this weekend. If i don't race this weekend (3 weeks since i raced) then it will be possibly another 3 weeks till i race again. I might upgrade by June despite my lack of racing. April and May I'm racing nearly every week. I'm 4th on the wait list for the Jeff Cup so i think I'm likely to get in. SICK!

I'm also racing at Fawn Grove Roubaix in PA. It will be my second road race for the season. and over my two laps i believe its 8 miles of gravel/dirt road. i happen to enjoy that type of riding, but we'll see how it is when it comes to racing on it.

And finally, my team (specifically John and Dave i think) are trying to organize a race in Vint Hill business park, which is all of 5 or 6 miles from my house. A weekly crit series to be more specific. It looks like my bike shop will provide technical support and help with sponsorship. And i believe it will have multiple lower CAT races. to help alleviate the demand for races in those CAT's.
awesome.

No comments: