Anyhow. The 1st half of the race season has passed for me. I've achieved almost all my goals for the season too.
- I've collected 1 win (goal) (Syns-Fit Crit).
- I rode haymarket's Mt Weather ride (which i realize isn't much of a goal, but i set that goal after my 2nd month of riding, when the total 14 mile commute for the day was still a lot).
- I've also made it from 5 to 4 in a half of a season (goal) with a total of 4 podiums (bonus).
- Lost 40lbs.
- Be apart of a winning breakaway [2nd and 3rd places for myself] (1st race at Snowball 10 sec gap on last lap, just rode off the front. Waynesboro does it count with 6 guys annihilate the entire field?)
- Another win (maybe two)
- CAT up to 3 (i've been told by my riding peers that it shouldn't be out of reach)
- Top 15 at Tour of Washington County (worried about that TT)
- Lose 5-10 more lbs. (i'm apparently building muscle now...so this may be difficult)
- Be apart of 2 more winning breakaway's
- Lead a teammate out for a win.
- Top 3 at Hagerstown State Championship Crit (7/11)
- Vint Hill Development Series Overall Winner (home court advantage).
I've learned a ton through the first half of this year, mostly in my first 2 bigger races which resulted in poor results. I've also learned a ton doing the Wednesday Night Haymarket ride. Those guys are all so good, and i get a ton of advice post ride from different guys. Not to mention the experience i gain from riding at speeds and intensities much higher than any CAT 5 race.