This time last year i was riding the 15 miles(total) back and forth to work and exhausted each way. I remember only riding 4 days a week because i was so sore. I was also 45lbs heavier. I'm skinnier now than when i was a veggie-trendy-hipster-rock-star-wannabe with 15lbs of crazy hair on my head.
My favorite cycling quote is from Greg Lemond "it doesn't get easier, you just get faster" or something like that.
In one year:
- Made it from CAT 5 to CAT 3 (pending getting one more point...shouldn't be too hard)
- Rode straight through winter including 2 sub zero mornings
- Bought 3 bikes (Cannondale track bike, Giant TCR [sold], and Look something rather)
- Rode my longest ride yet 80 something?
- Joined my first team 540Cycling.com
- Got my first win (Syns-Fit Crit)
- Won a prime (Bryan Park Circuit Race)
- Got a flat in a race (Bryan Park Circuit Race)
- Did my first "stage-race"
- Got a "call up" at a race (even though i wasn't there)
- Was off the bike 3 days (only twice) and Off 2 days (Only a hand full of times)
- Gave the bird to countless cars
- Slapped a few windows in traffic
- Wrecked in a race (Reston Grand Prix)
- Got dropped in a race (Jeff Cup)
- Made the wrong turn in a race (Fawn Grove Roubaix)
- Brought my bike on its first vacation (Orlando, FL)
- Was towed behind a dump truck down a major high traffic road at 40+ (awesome)
- Beat Zach up Bull Run once (slaughtered by him every other time)
- Found out that i'm a McFatty sprinter.
- Rode 70+ miles on a fixed gear(46x16) on very hilly terrain. twice. and 50+ many many times.
With that said, the TTT from the tour is on. Its the best part of the whole tour in my opinion. adios.